©Joel Centano via virtuoso.com
- blissful /BLIS-fuhl/
- solace /SOL-is/
- staycation /stey-KEY-shuhn/
- flaunt /flawnt/
- munch /muhnch/
[adjective] – extremely or completely happy
We spent a blissful week together in Siargao.
[noun] – help and comfort when you are feeling sad or worried
I find solace in songwriting.
[noun] – a holiday that you take at home or near your home rather than traveling to another place
We had the most awesome staycation at Nobu Hotel.
[verb] – to show or make obvious something you are proud of in order to get admiration
She always flaunts her food and new gadgets on social media.
[verb] – to eat something, especially noisily
The chef is delighted to hear the guests munching the food he cooked.
The popularity has started in Bali, Indonesia; tropical private villa resorts in Thailand, Fiji, and Maldives followed. These breakfasts have become more in-demand in the current pandemic as guests are avoiding joint dining rooms and buffets as a safety measure. “Across the course of the past year, in-suite dining has become extremely popular, especially for those seeking solace in the safety and comfort of their suite,” said Jann Hess, general manager at Amanjiwo in Bali. Travelers taking advantage of affordable staycations have also seized the trend amid the pandemic. Timo Kuenzli, general manager of Koh Samui’s Cape Fahn Hotel, says that almost all of their guests over the previous year have ordered one. “We can definitely see that the Asian market is way more into having Instagrammable moments to capture than other markets,” Kuenzli said.
Besides it being picturesque and ‘gram-worthy’, floating breakfasts have also helped hotel/private resort businesses. How about you? Do you think these breakfasts are just made to be flaunted online, or do people genuinely enjoy munching them? What are your thoughts?
- Have you stayed in a hotel or resort recently? If yes, please tell me more about it. If no, do you have any plans anytime soon?
- What’s the nicest hotel/resort in which you have stayed?
- If you were to have a quick getaway in Maldives or Bali, would you try the floating breakfast trend? Why or why not?
- Do you think floating breakfasts are safe to consume?
- How will floating breakfasts help small/sprouting hotel/resort businesses?