- What mega-airports around the world are you familiar with?
- Do you have a mega-airport in your country? Could you tell me about it?
- sanctuary /SANGK-choo-er-ee/
- corporation /kawr-puh-REY-shuhn/
- phase /feyz/
- massive /MAS-iv/
- capacity /kuh-PAS-i-tee/
[noun] – a place where birds or animals can live and be protected, especially from being hunted or dangerous conditions
The wildlife sanctuaries are made to protect endangered species.
[noun] – a large company or group of companies that are controlled together as a single organization
They have ties with an American corporation.
[noun] – any stage in a series of events or in a process of development
The first phase of renovations should be finished next week.
[adjective] – very large in size, amount, or number
She suffered a massive exposure to toxic chemicals.
[noun] – the total amount that can be contained or produced
The fuel tank has a capacity of 40 liters.
Phase one of the massive aviation hub, which is expected to cost roughly 70 billion Chinese yuan ($10.8 billion), will be able to accommodate up to 60 million people per year, significantly expanding access to the country’s southwest region. Face recognition software, self-check-in kiosks, smart security systems, self-boarding gates, and artificial intelligence robot concierges are among the cutting-edge technology included in phase one, which took five years to develop. There are three runways and two terminals in operation, covering a total area of 710,000 square meters. According to Xinhua, the airport will eventually have terminals measuring 1.4 million square meters, with a capacity of 120 million passengers per year. Three runways and two terminals, with a total area of 710,000 square meters, are in use. The airport would eventually have terminals measuring 1.4 million square meters with a capacity of 120 million passengers per year, according to Xinhua.
- What is China’s third city with two international airports?
- Who designed the new Chengdu Tianfu International Airport?
- How much is the expected cost of phase one of the massive aviation hub?
- How many years did phase one take to develop?
- What are among the cutting-edge technology included in phase one?
- Have you been to a mega-airport before?
- When was the last time you traveled abroad?
- If you had a chance, would you like to see China’s newest mega airport?
- Do you agree that Chengdu is well-positioned to benefit because of its size and central location in China?
- In your opinion, would China build more mega-airports in the coming years? Why or why not?