©Kimimasa Mayama / Reuters / Alamy
- Do you watch the news about other countries?
- Are you updated with your country’s current events?
- natural /NACH-er-uhl/
- involve /in-VOLV/
- issue /ISH-oo/
- damage /DAM-ij/
- equipment /ih-KWIP-muhnt/
[adjective ] – as found in nature and not involving anything made or done by people
Floods and tornadoes are natural disasters.
[verb] – If a situation involves someone or something, he, she, or it is affected by it
My brothers were involved in a fight.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
Climate change is an environmental issue.
[noun] – harm or injury
He now has permanent eye damage because of the accident.
[noun] – the set of necessary tools, clothing, etc. for a particular purpose
My dad and I bought kitchen equipment last Thursday.
True or False:
- The event will be held at Clark Air Base in Pampanga.
- According to Maj. Mizuno Masaki, Japan and the Philippines have a lot to share on disaster relief operations.
- Japan and the Philippines are involved in the South China Sea issue.
- Japan assisted the Philippines during Typhoon Haiyan in 2013.
- Japan has not yet given the Philippines equipment to improve the patrols in the South China Sea.
Fill in the blanks:
- Last year, I was ______ in the school’s festival planning.
- I like reading in _____ light.
- America is facing a lot of ______ right now.
- We passed by a store that sells hiking ______.
- Too much exposure to the sun can cause skin ______.