- Is traffic bad in your city?
- What do you do during traffic?
- society /suh-SAHY-i-tee /
- passenger /PAS-uhn-jer/
- ceiling /SEE-ling/
- area /AIR-ee-uh/
- system /SIS-tuhm/
[noun] – All the people in a country, or in several similar countries, can be referred to as a society.
I read an interesting article about the American society.
[noun] – a person who is traveling in a vehicle but is not driving it, flying it, or working on it
The bus picks up passengers every morning.
[noun] – the inside surface of a room that you can see when you look above you
Our office’s ceiling needs to be fixed.
[noun] – a particular part of a place, piece of land, or country
Shibuya is one of the busiest areas in Japan.
[noun] – a set of connected things or devices that operate together
My task is to fix problems in the computer system.
Inside the pods, passengers can expect a first-class airline look, with mood lighting, music, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Currently, each pod can carry up to four passengers and can travel up to 150 kilometers (93 miles) per hour. One of uSky’s ideas behind the project is to make space for more walkways and greenery. The pods are also cheaper and more environmentally friendly than subways, according to the company. Oleg Zaretskiy, uSky Transport’s CEO, says they are also looking at other countries to open their services. “We can see that the best areas for our business are in the Middle East and Asia — places where there is natural growth of population.” he shares.
The system could start carrying up to 10,000 passengers in 2024. Sky pods in Sharjah are yet another example of the power of technology and how ideas can make the world a better place.
True or False:
- The testing place is located in the United Arab Emirates.
- One of uSky’s ideas behind the project is to make space for more walkways and greenery
- Currently, each pod can carry only six passengers.
- Subways are more expensive than the uSky pods.
- The system could carry up to 10,000 passengers in 2024.
Fill in the blanks:
- My uncle works as a train _____ engineer.
- I will be working in Ireland so I want to know about the Irish ______.
- All the train’s _______ were students.
- They saved the dog from the flooded ____.
- Our house has a high ______.