- Are you currently studying or working from home?
- What businesses are still closed in your country?
- rise /rahyz/
- implement /IM-pluh-ment/
- potentially /puh-TEN-shuh-lee/
- expose /ik-SPOHZ/
- force /fawrs/
[verb] – to move upwards
The number of coronavirus cases in Ireland is rising.
[verb] – to start using a plan or system
The school implemented new rules for the students.
[adverb] – possibly
You will encounter potentially dangerous situations when hiking.
[verb] – to put someone at risk from something harmful or unpleasant
The mountaineers had been exposed to a deadly virus.
[verb] – to make something happen or make someone do something difficult, unpleasant, or unusual, especially by not offering the possibility of choice
They forced me to pay for the expensive dinner.
A popular pub in London, Greene King was forced to shut 33 venues after several of their employees were required to go through quarantine. The UK’s self-isolation rules are expected to be relaxed on August 16, however, a lot of citizens are calling on for the government to make it much sooner. Helen Dickinson, the CEO of the British Retail Consortium said, “Store operations are already dealing with the serious aftermath of staff having to self-isolate and this will only hit the economy harder, as cases are already climbing fast.” Meanwhile, the CEO of Marks & Spencer (MAKSY) Steve Rowe, has shared that they could be forced to reduce store hours following worker shortage.
- When did several businesses in the UK re-open?
- What was Greene King forced to do?
- What is the purpose of the COVID-19 app?
- What will happen to people who would fail to follow the self-isolation rules?
- What is the CEO of Marks & Spencer planning to do?
- When was the last time you heard the news about COVID-19 in Europe?
- Do you know anyone who is a frontliner?
- If you were a store owner, would you reduce your store hours during this time?
- Do you agree that the UK government should ease self-isolation rules before August 16?
- In your opinion, would a COVID-19 tracing app be helpful in your country?