- What sports do you play?
- Do you participate in contests?
- gymnast /JIM-nuhst/
- certain /SUR-tn/
- future /FYOO-cher/
- ago /uh-GOH/
- tie /tahy/
[noun] – a person who is skilled in gymnastics, often someone who competes in gymnastic competitions
Before the accident, Mina was a skilled gymnast.
[adjective] – knowing that something is true or will happen
It is certain we will go to Okinawa this summer.
[adjective] – a period of time that is to come
Sean will surely join future art contests.
[adverb] – back in time from the present
My mom went out 30 minutes ago.
[verb] – to finish at the same time or score the same number of points, etc. in a competition as someone or something else
Ron is tied with Sophia in third place.
True or False:
- Simon Biles won the silver medal in the Tokyo Olympics.
- Biles announced her decision to pull out from the competition on July 27.
- It is uncertain if she will play in future games or not.
- Biles’ aunt had passed away three days before the gymnastics competition.
- Biles currently has seven medals won.
Fill in the blanks:
- You are a student right now, but what are your _______ plans?
- Our score _______ with the other team.
- My dream is to be a great _______ like Kōhei Uchimura.
- What was Nikki doing an hour _______?
- It is not _______ if she will join us this weekend.