- Are you updated with the Olympics? Please tell me more about it.
- What sport do you enjoy watching live or on television?
- competition /kom-pi-TISH-uhn/
- unclear /uhn-KLEER/
- suffer /SUHF-er/
- victory /VIK-tuh-ree/
- celebrated /SEL-uh-brey-tid/
[noun] – a situation in which someone is trying to win something or be more successful than someone else
Mizuki won first place in the poetry competition.
[adjective] – not sure or certain
It is still unclear if the meeting schedule will be changed or not.
[verb] – to experience physical or mental pain
Anne is suffering from art block. She currently has run out of ideas to draw.
[noun] – an occasion when you win a game, competition, election, war, etc. or the fact that you have won
The entire school cheered for their baseball team’s victory.
[adjective] – famous for some special quality or ability
Leonardo da Vinci was a celebrated artist in his time.
Biles had 14.000 points whereas China won the gold and silver with 14.633 (Guan Chenchen) and 14.233 (Tang Xijing) points, respectively. On August 4, Wednesday, the American gymnast revealed that her aunt passed away two days before the competition and her victory. “At the end of the day, people don’t understand what we are going through,” said Biles. “Two days ago, I woke up and my aunt unexpectedly passed, and it wasn’t any easier being here at the Olympic Games.” Currently, Biles is tied with Shannon Miller as the most celebrated U.S. Olympic gymnast with seven medals.
- When did Biles announce her withdrawal from the competition?
- According to the article, what are “twisties?”
- How many points did Guan Chenchen get?
- What did Biles reveal on August 4?
- How many medals does Biles currently have?
- Please tell me about an incident where you had to pull out from a competition or an activity.
- Have you ever lost your bearings before? Please tell me more about it.
- How would you prioritize your mental health if you were participating in a sport?
- In your opinion, did Biles make the right decision to withdraw from the competition?
- How do you think her teammates would react to her decision?