- Have you already seen an electric car?
- How long do you think it takes to charge an electric car at a charging station?
- public /PUHB-lik/
- financial /fi-NAN-shuhl/
- provide /pruh-vahyd/
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- demand /dih-MAND/
[adjective] – relating to or involving people in general, rather than being limited to a particular group of people
The government aims to improve public services, especially education.
[adjective] – relating to money or how money is managed
Their new business partners have been experiencing financial difficulties.
[verb] – to give someone something that they need
Nature does not provide everything we want.
[noun] – the people and activities involved in one type of business
The city needs to attract more industry.
[noun] – a strong request
I think your demand for higher wages is perfectly reasonable.
By 2030, the UK intends to prohibit the sale of new petrol, diesel, and hybrid vehicles. By 2050, the vast majority of cars on the road will be electric or hydrogen fuel cell-powered. According to the MPs, property developers should be forced to provide public charging stations, and municipal governments should ensure that charging infrastructure is developed.
“Drivers should not be penalized based on where they live or how they charge their vehicles,” the group’s leader, Huw Merriman, said. “Drivers who reside in rural or distant regions risk being left behind,” according to the committee. According to the research, the industry could utilize price “to alter customer billing behavior to a ‘small but often’ approach and at times when the National Grid can supply total demand.”
True or False:
- According to MPs, people must be protected from high charging fees for electric vehicles.
- According to the MPs, the government should make charging infrastructure more accessible and reliable.
- By 2030, the UK intends to prohibit the sale of electric cars.
- By 2050, the vast majority of cars on the road will be electric or hydrogen fuel cell-powered.
- The drivers should not be penalized based on where they live or how they charge their vehicles.
Fill in the blanks:
- We’ve scaled up production to meet __________.
- There’s a __________ payphone in reception.
- Can you __________ any proof of identity?
- Mr. Gary is our __________ adviser.
- Kit said he had requested __________ to a telephone.