- What COVID-19 vaccine brands are being used in your country?
- How many percent do you think are already fully vaccinated in your country?
- criticism /KRIT-uh-siz-uhm/
- safety /SEYF-tee/
- phase /feyz/
- accuse /uh-KYOOZ/
- force /fohrs/
[noun] – an opinion given about something or someone, esp. a negative opinion, or the activity of making such judgments
The new novel he published received a lot of criticisms from parents.
[noun] – a state in which or a place where you are safe and not in danger or at risk
Our top priority is the children’s safety when playing outside.
[noun] – any stage in a series of events or in a process of development
The product has started its first phase of quality checking.
[verb] – to say that someone has done something morally wrong, illegal, or unkind
She was wrongly accused of stealing.
[verb] – to make something happen or make someone do something difficult, unpleasant, or unusual, especially by threatening or not offering the possibility of choice
Kirk was forced to move to a different country.
The country’s vaccination efforts were hindered due to delayed delivery and hesitancy among its people. Opposition party Kuomintang (KMT) accuses the vaccine as unsafe and was introduced too early in the market. Two members of the party sought a court to revoke the approval due to inadequate testing. Nonetheless, more than 700,000 citizens signed up for the Medigen vaccine. It requires a second dose 28 days after the first shot. The government has ordered five million doses but has declared that it will not force the people to get the vaccine. Less than 5% of Taiwan’s population of 23.5 million are fully vaccinated, and about 40% are yet to receive the second dose.
- How did President Tsai Ing-wen approve the distribution of the Medigen vaccine?
- Why were Taiwan’s previous vaccination efforts hindered?
- Why did two members of Kuomintang seek a court?
- How many people signed up for the Medigen vaccine?
- How many percent have been fully vaccinated in Taiwan?
- Has your country produced its COVID-19 vaccine? Please tell me more about it.
- Was there an incident where vaccine distribution got postponed in your country? Please share.
- Would you be hesitant to get the Medigen vaccine? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Taiwan’s government allowed the distribution of the Medigen vaccine despite having incomplete trials?
- What are the dangers of taking vaccines or medicines that are yet to finish testings?