©Andrew Medichini / AP via CNN
- What is the best pizza place in your city?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- historic /hi-STAWR-ik/
- charming /CHAHR-ming/
- mood /mood/
- enough /ih-NUHF/
- region /REE-juhn/
[adjective] – important or likely to be important in history
Meiji Jingu is a historic shrine located in Tokyo.
[adjective] – pleasant and attractive
My grandma has a small but charming garden.
[noun] – the way you feel at a particular time
She’s not in the mood to eat spicy food.
[determiner] – as much as is necessary; in the amount or to the degree needed:
There is enough dessert for everyone.
[noun] – a particular area or part of the world, or any of the large official areas into which a country is divided
We would like to tour the Kanto region next month.
Mr. Go is a vending machine that makes freshly baked pizza in three minutes. The machine can hold enough dough for up to 100 pizzas. Customers can watch their pizzas cooking behind a small glass window. The pizza costs around $7. “For that same $7, we could have got a “nice big woodfired Margherita” in Trastevere” says Gianni, a taxi driver in Rome who has tried Mr. Go.
Bucolo says that what Mr. Go offers is not even a real pizza. He calls it a “cross between a pizza and a piadina” — the pizza-sized flatbreads from the Emilia-Romagna region. For Bucolo, true pizza is “tossed by hand and seared in a wood-fired oven”. Whether you get it from a vending machine or a five-star restaurant, pizza is a truly satisfying dish.
True or False:
- Rome is famous for its historic sites.
- You can find the best pizzerias in the village of Trastevere.
- Mr. Go makes freshly baked pizza in three minutes.
- The machine cannot hold enough dough for up to 100 pizzas.
- For Bucolo, true pizza is “tossed by hand and seared in a wood-fired oven”.
Fill in the blanks:
- She has a very ______ smile.
- We are all in the _______ for ice cream!
- We have ______ rice for all the guests.
- The Eiffel Tower is a ______ landmark.
- I bought a travel magazine about the Tohoku ______.