- Are there parks in your city?
- When do you usually visit parks?
- directly /dih-REKT-lee/
- despite /dih-SPAHYT/
- visitor /VIZi-ter/
- fine /fahyn/
- suffer /SUHF-er/
[adverb] – without anything else being involved or in between
She does not like it when the sun shines directly in her eyes.
[prepostition] – without taking any notice of or being influenced by; not prevented by
We still enjoyed the day despite the bad weather.
[noun] – someone who visits a person or place
We welcomed visitors from the city today.
[noun] – an amount of money that has to be paid as a punishment for not obeying a rule or law
I had to pay a fine for parking my car at the wrong spot.
[verb] – to experience physical or mental pain
I suffered from a headache last night.
True or False:
- A 26-year-old woman from Connecticut was sentenced to 7 days in jail.
- Casey will be paying a total of $2,090 in fines.
- Casey has until the end of January 2023 to complete her jail time.
- The officers have been asking visitors to follow the national park’s safety signs.
- Walking on thermal features is dangerous according to Morgan Warthin.
Fill in the blanks:
- We offered our _______ some cookies and tea.
- She sat _____ on the grass without putting a blanket.
- The man had to pay a _____ and do community service.
- The trains in Tokyo are still running ______ the snow.
- The child _____ from a toothache after eating a lot of candies.