©The Indian Express
- Has a hurricane struck your country before?
- What do you do when there is a power outage in your city?
- state /steyt/
- rescue /RES-kyoo/
- damage /DAM-ij/
- path /pahth/
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp/
[noun] – a part of a large country with its own government, such as in Germany, Australia, or the US
I live in the state of California.
[noun] – the act of helping someone out of a dangerous or unpleasant situation
Rescue attempts were delayed due to the storm.
[noun] – harm or injury
Luckily, the damage in the car accident wasn’t serious.
[noun] – a route or track between one place and another
This path will lead us to the river.
[verb] – to (cause something to) grow or change into a more advanced, larger, or stronger form
Take time to develop your talent.
True or False:
- Hurricane Ida struck New Orleans on September 1.
- Over 25,000 workers have moved to support the power restoration in Louisiana.
- Hurricane Ida is a category four hurricane.
- Ida has been compared to Hurricane Katrina.
- Governor John Bel Edwards said the damage was not serious.
Fill in the blanks:
- The fire caused serious _______ to the church.
- Alaska is the largest _______ in the US.
- The government is working to _______ the flood defenses.
- Where is the _______ that leads to the lake?
- _______ teams will be dispatched tomorrow.