- How often do you eat out?
- What kinds of food do you usually eat (e.g. meat, fish, vegetables, etc.)?
- collection /kuh-LEK-shuhn/
- crop /krop/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- temperature /TEM-pruh-cher/
- condition /kuhn-DISH-uhn/
[noun] – a group of objects of one type that have been collected by one person or in one place
Nikki has a large collection of stamps.
[noun] – (the total amount collected of) a plant such as grain, fruit, or vegetable grown in large amounts
Sugar is one of the most important crops on the island.
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
Which type of soil produces the best plants?
[noun] – the measured amount of heat in a place or the body
The country reached its highest temperature yesterday.
[noun] – the particular state that something or someone is in
The weather is in condition today.
True or False:
- The ICBA is growing superfoods to increase food production.
- The ICBA was established in the United States.
- Five out of the 1,200 kinds of quinoa can grow in hot weather.
- Food consumption is expected to increase by 60 to 98 percent by 2050.
- According to Joshua Katz, more than one production system may be required to secure food security.
Fill in the blanks:
- Today’s _______ dropped to zero.
- Strawberry is the main _______ grown in the town.
- Is the car still in good _______?
- Shirley has a _______ of history books.
- They are known for _______ rice.