- How is food consumption in your country?
- What do you do to make sure you do not run out of food supplies?
- transplant /trans-PLANT/
- boost /boost/
- resource /REE-sohrs/
- alternative /al-TUR-nuh-tiv/
- ensure /en-SHOOR/
[verb] – to move something, or to be moved, from one place or person to another
Please transplant the seedlings to more damp soil.
[verb] – to improve or increase something
Social media will surely boost service promotion.
[noun] – natural substances such as water and wood which are valuable in supporting life
Copper is one of the town’s largest natural resources.
[adjective] – something different from something else, especially from what is usual, and offering the possibility of choice
It may be necessary to turn to alternative medicines.
[verb] – to make something certain to happen
We must ensure to finish the tasks by 18:00.
With food consumption expected to rise by 59 to 98 percent by 2050, the ICBA’s research is part of a global effort to find alternative ways to produce food. However, increasing temperatures and extreme weather conditions may require more than one food production system to ensure food security, according to Joshua Katz, a partner at the consulting firm McKinsey & Company. The ICBA currently produces about 200 kilograms of quinoa and 500 kilograms of salicornia for research and seeding. Furthermore, it has been cooperating with a food company in Dubai to develop salicornia-based food products to increase consumer adoption.
- When was the ICBA established?
- How many out of the 1,200 quinoa varieties can grow in harsh climates?
- What was salicornia used for?
- By how many percent is food consumption expected to rise by 2050?
- What did Joshua Katz say about the food production system?
- Has your country experienced a food shortage due to extreme weather conditions? Please tell me more about it.
- How can the rising temperatures affect farmers?
- If your country suffered from high temperatures, do you think the government would produce saline superfoods? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with Joshua Katz’s belief?
- What are some of the alternative ways to produce food?