- Is Amazon popular in your country?
- What is the most common part-time job in your country?
- fee /fee/
- diploma /dih-PLOH-muh/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- effort /EF-ert/
- intend /in-TEND/
[noun] – an amount of money paid for a particular piece of work or for a particular right or service
She is working two jobs to pay for her university fee.
[noun] – a document given by a college or university to show that you have passed a particular exam or finished your studies
She was so happy to receive her diploma after years of hard work.
[noun] – a helpful or good effect, something to help
Reading books has a lot of good benefits for the brain.
[noun] – physical or mental activity needed to achieve something
You need to make effort in getting to know your new classmates.
[verb] – to have as a plan or purpose
I intend to go to Yokohama next week.
True or False:
- Beginning January 2022, Amazon will be paying the college tuition fees of about 750,000 of its workers.
- Amazon will also be paying for other types of education.
- Employees who have been working at the company for at least 90 days can receive the benefit
- Walmart (WMT) and Target (TGT) also improved their college benefit programs for workers
- Amazon also intends to retrain 300,000 employees for higher-skilled jobs.
Fill in the blanks:
- I finally received my high school ______!
- You need to pay a _____ to enter the museum.
- As a student, you need to make an _____ to learn.
- My family _____ to vacation in Hawaii next month.
- Working at a large company has a lot of _______.