- Are you interested in learning about space?
- Would you like to be a space tourist?
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
- concentrate /KON-suhn-treyt /
- provide /pruh-VAHYD/
- crew /kroo/
- similar /SIM-uh-ler/
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
Are you the driver of this vehicle?
[verb] – to direct your attention or your efforts toward a particular activity, subject, or problem
I can’t concentrate on my work.
[veb] – to give someone something that they need
I’ll provide food for the picnic.
[noun] – a group of people who work together, especially all those who work on and operate a ship, aircraft, etc.
The crew took to the lifeboats.
[adjective] – looking or being almost, but not exactly, the same
This is similar to the example above.
The capsule’s design is similar to that of Apollo. It has also been enhanced in terms of security. Unlike the space shuttle, the Starliner contains an emergency escape system that can move the crew away from the rocket in the event of a launch emergency.
The vehicle is made up of two primary components that are coupled from launch to shortly before re-entry. Each NASA mission will also carry four to five passengers, with seats swapped for extra cargo storage. If the fifth seat becomes available, Boeing has the option of selling it to a space tourist or transferring a foreign astronaut.
True or False:
- The Starliner has been chosen to transport astronauts to Space.
- The capsule’s design is similar to that of Apollo.
- The Starliner has greater autonomy than the Apollo or other shuttle vehicles.
- The Starliner contains an emergency escape system.
- Each NASA mission will also carry up to four passengers.
Fill in the blanks:
- Cabin __________, please stand by for takeoff.
- Your opinion is __________ to mine.
- You should __________ on your study.
- The police removed the __________ that is causing an obstruction last night.
- We __________ help to families in crisis situations.