©Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Do you listen to K-pop music?
- Which K-pop groups and/or idols do you know?
- entertainment /en-ter-TEYN-muhnt/
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- blockbuster /BLOK-buhs-ter/
- talent /TAL-uhnt/
- attract /uh-TRAKT/
[noun] – shows, films, television, or other performances or activities that entertain people, or a performance of this type
The hotel is famous for its entertainment such as live concerts.
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
The president will announce the new health guidelines tonight.
[noun] – a book or film that is very successful
Bruce Willis’s new blockbuster film earned $10 million in its first week.
[noun] – someone who has a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught
The entertainment company is looking for talents to perform in its 50th-anniversary concert.
[verb] – (of people, things, places, etc.) to pull or draw someone or something towards them, by the qualities they have, especially good ones
The new colorful packaging of the soda attracts more buyers.
Among the blockbuster films Obst produced were “Sleepless in Seattle,” “Bad Girls,” “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,” and “Interstellar.” Meanwhile, Miky Lee, a respected entertainment chief in South Korea, also joined Obst. Lee is the vice-chairman of CJ Group and head of CJ E&M. She is also the producer of the Academy Award-winning movie “Parasite.”
Based on reports, the upcoming K-pop movie will include top K-pop stars and other potential talents. “After ‘Parasite’ won four Academy Awards, interest in Korean creators has been increasing. So we decided to match it with K-pop, which is popular worldwide, and start this project to assist Korean creators to enter the overseas market and also to promote K-pop and Korean culture further,” said CJ E&M. “Tidal Wave” and “Ode to my Father” director Yoon Je-Kyun is also set to direct the said film. Yoon plans to present both Korean and Hollywood stars to attract global audience.
True or False:
- SM Entertainment was the South Korean media company mentioned in the article.
- Hollywood’s Lynda Obst will produce the upcoming K-pop movie.
- The working title of the upcoming K-pop movie is “K-pop: Lost in Seoul.”
- Miky Lee, vice-chairman of CJ Group, will also join as a producer of the movie.
- The said K-pop movie will be directed by Yoon Je-Kyun.
Fill in the blanks:
- The judges are about to __________ the winners.
- The new James Bond picture is a real __________.
- Cinemas are a great place for __________.
- Business compete to __________ many customers.
- The competition is searching for future music _________.