©teamLab Planets via CNN
- Do you see a lot of orchids in your city?
- How many museums are located in your city?
- nature /NEY-cher/
- explore /ik-SPLAWR/
- approach /uh-PROHCH/
- float /floht/
- history /HIS-tuh-ree/
[noun] – all the animals, plants, rocks, etc. in the world
Being around nature calms me down.
[verb] – to search and discover (about something)
My friends and I are going to explore the new mall.
[verb] – to come near or nearer to something or someone in space, time, quality, or amount
The boy tried to approach the puppy on the street.
[verb] – to (cause to) move easily through, or along the surface of a liquid, or to (cause to) move easily through air
I would love to see a hot air balloon float.
[noun] – (the study of or a record of) past events considered together, especially events of a particular period, country, or subject
The history of basketball dates back to the 1890s.
Once you step foot inside the installation, you will be greeted by the orchids hanging from the ceiling as if they are floating in mid-air. The orchids would slowly begin to rise and fall when you approach them. Visitors can go around the installation, smell the plants, and hear music from artist Hideaki Takahashi.
“Orchids can live without soil, and we can learn so many things from them. They have more history than humans.” The garden-inspired installation is on show at teamLab Planets, a museum in Tokyo. It will remain open until the end of 2022.
True or False:
- TeamLab is an art group from Tokyo.
- TeamLab wants to explore the beauty of orchids.
- The installation is made up of 12,000 living orchids.
- The orchids would slowly disappear when you approach them.
- Visitors of the installation can hear Hideaki Takahashi’s music.
Fill in the blanks:
- My family and I are going to _____ the city of Hong Kong.
- We learned about the ______ of England in our class.
- My brother likes watching bubbles _____ in the air.
- Yesterday, I _____ a kitten on a bench.
- He likes to live in a place surrounded by _______.