- Do you know about hydrogen fuel?
- Do you think using renewable energy is better?
- employment /em-PLOI-muhnt/
- attract /uh-TRAKT /
- fuel /FYOO-uhl/
- burn /burn/
- worth /wurth/
[noun] – the fact of someone being paid to work for a company or organization
She was unable to find employment.
[verb] – (of people, things, places, etc.) to pull or draw someone or something toward them, by the qualities they have, especially good ones
They should attract foreign investment.
[noun] – a substance that is used to provide heat or power, usually by being burned
The plane was running low on fuel.
[verb] – to use something such as fuel or energy
When athletes train, they train hard and burn a lot of energy.
[adjective] – having a particular value, especially in money
Our house is worth $200,000.
Subsidies to bridge the cost gap between hydrogen generation and traditional fuels have been proposed. Labor acknowledges that hydrogen has a lot of potentials, but claims that the government hasn’t invested as much as other countries. There is no CO2 created when hydrogen gas is utilized as a fuel. It can be used to power fuel cells, which are devices that generate energy through an electrochemical reaction, or it can be burned in a car engine to generate electricity.
As a result, it’s a low-carbon, multipurpose fuel that can be used to power automobiles, trucks, and trains, and industrial processes like steel production. The government plans to develop 5GW of hydrogen production capacity by 2030, with the industry worth £900 million and over 9,000 people employed.
True or False:
- Investing in low-carbon hydrogen fuel creates thousands of new employment.
- Labor acknowledges that hydrogen has a lot of potential.
- There is no CO2 created when hydrogen gas is utilized as a fuel.
- Hydrogen fuel can be used to power automobiles, trucks, and trains, and industrial processes like steel production.
- The government plans to develop 5GW of hydrogen production capacity by 2030.
Fill in the blanks:
- It must be __________ at least half a million.
- She was offered __________ in the sales office.
- They ran out of __________.
- The city needs to __________ more industry.
- Walking briskly can __________ off a lot of calories.