- What other renewable sources of energy do you know?
- Why is carbon dioxide bad for the environment?
- proposal /pruh-POH-zuhl/
- potential /puh-TEN-shuhl/
- crucial /KROO-shuhl /
- propose /pruh-POHZ/
- production /pruh-DUHK-shuhn/
[noun] – a suggestion, sometimes a written one
The boss approved my proposal.
[adjective] – possible when the necessary conditions exist
First, we need to identify actual and potential problems.
[adjective] – extremely important or necessary
Her work has been crucial to the project’s success.
[verb] – to offer or suggest a possible plan or action for other people to consider
I propose that we wait until the budget is released before making any financial commitments.
[noun] – the amount of something that is made or grown by a country or a company
Production of the new aircraft will start next year.
Subsidies have been proposed to bridge the cost gap between hydrogen production and traditional fuels. The government has been asked to comment on this initiative. Labor acknowledges that hydrogen has a lot of promise, but maintains that the government hasn’t put in as much money as other countries have. When hydrogen gas is used as a fuel, no CO2 is produced. It can be burned in a boiler or vehicle engine to create electricity, or it can be used to power fuel cells, which are devices that generate energy through an electrochemical reaction.
As a result, it’s a low-carbon, multifunctional fuel that can power cars, trucks, and trains, as well as heat our homes and power industrial activities like steel manufacturing. By 2030, the government intends to have installed 5GW of hydrogen production capacity, with the industry valued at £900 million and employing over 9,000 people.
- What does the government think about investing in hydrogen electricity?
- What is Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng’s opinion about hydrogen electricity?
- Does hydrogen gas produce CO2 when it is used as a fuel?
- What are devices that generate energy through an electrochemical reaction?
- How many people could be employed by 2030?
- Do you know anything that is powered by hydrogen? Please tell me something about it.
- Does your country want hydrogen electricity in the future? Why do you think so?
- If you had the chance, would you propose to hydrogen electricity? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with the idea of the UK’s government?
- In your opinion, will this idea be successful? Why or why not?