- Do you like to have a vintage car?
- Do you think electric vehicles will be a trend in the future?
- otherwise /UHTH-er-wahyz/
- agency /EY-juhn-see/
- charge /chahrj /
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
[conjunction] – used after an order or suggestion to show what the result will be if you do not follow that order or suggestion
I should write it down, otherwise, I’ll forget it.
[noun] – a business acting for or representing a person, an organization, or another business
He founded the first consumer protection agency in his country.
[verb] – to ask an amount of money for something, especially a service or activity
They have charged me $20 just to get in the building.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
As it approached the airport, the plane reduced its speed.
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
At school, we were encouraged to learn foreign languages.
The company, which is located beneath a railway bridge in Vauxhall, uses electric motors and batteries that would otherwise be discarded to replace combustion engines in historic cars. Electric vehicles with operating motors and batteries that have been written off by insurance agencies, such as Teslas and Nissan Leafs, generally have these parts removed. For each conversion, the group presently charges roughly £20,000, which is not cheap. However, the business claims that it intends to reduce the price to £5,000 to make it more accessible to a wider market.
The government of the United Kingdom now gives a £2,500 subsidy for the purchase of a new electric vehicle. According to Mr. Quitter, conversion incentives should also be considered. “Wasting millions of old petrol and diesel cars on our highways is a shame,” he adds, claiming that government EV discounts encourage scrapping.
True or False:
- Oswald is a black Morris Minor from 1853.
- Matthew Quitter founded London Electric Cars in 2007.
- London Electric Cars is located beneath a railway bridge in Vauxhall.
- For each conversion, London Electric Cars presently charges roughly £20,000.
- The government of the United Kingdom now gives a £2,500 subsidy for the purchase of a new electric vehicle.
Fill in the blanks:
- Don’t __________ bad habits in a child.
- My weight __________ when I stop eating sugar.
- Call her, __________, she will be worried.
- The local museum doesn’t __________ for admission.
- The duty of the _________ is to act in the best interests of the child.