©Prasto Wardoyo/Reuters via CNN
- Do you often use plastic products? Please tell me more about it.
- What do you recycle?
- eager /EE-ger/
- sachet /sa-SHEY/
- centerpiece /SEN-ter-pees/
- particularly /per-TIK-yuh-ler-lee/
- acute /uh-KYOOT/
[adjective] – having or showing desire or interest
The students are eager to learn the Japanese language.
[noun] – a small plastic or paper package containing a small amount of a liquid or powder, usually enough for only one occasion
How many sachets of shampoo do I need to buy?
[noun] – the most important part of something
Health care is the centerpiece of the organization’s program.
[adverb] – especially, or more than usual
It’s particularly warmer today than yesterday.
[adjective] – very serious, extreme, or severe
The town has been suffering from an acute water shortage.
The plastics issue is particularly acute in Indonesia, an archipelago nation that ranks second only to China in terms of plastic pollution in the seas. The four countries, including the Philippines and Vietnam, are responsible for more than half of all ocean plastics, and Indonesian efforts to reduce plastic packaging use have had mixed outcomes. “I will have to buy reusable things such as drinking bottles instead of buying plastic bottles,” said student Ayu Chandra Wulan. “By looking at how much waste there is here, I feel sad.”
- How long will the outdoor exhibition in Gresik last?
- What is the centerpiece of the exhibit?
- How many visitors have seen the show since its launch?
- What is Indonesia’s rank in terms of plastic pollution in the seas?
- What outcomes have Indonesian efforts to reduce plastic packaging use had?
- Do most establishments like grocery stores in your country allow the use of plastic bags? Please tell me more about it.
- Are there any museums in your country made out of recyclables? Please share more about them.
- Would you visit a museum made out of plastics? Why or why not?
- Do you think recycling is the solution to throwaway plastics?
- What are the alternatives to single-use plastics?