- Is it important to solve air pollution?
- Is clean air a human right?
- organization /awr-guh-nuh-ZEY-shuhn/
- warn /wawrn/
- maximum /MAK-suh-muhm/
- quality /KWOL-i-tee/
- according to /uh-KAWR-ding to/
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
The hospital has contacted a number of non-profit organizations to assist in raising funds for the new operating room.
[verb] – to make someone realize a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
I was warned against visiting the east coast due to the high number of tourists.
[adjective] – being the largest amount or number allowed or possible
A $1000 fine is the maximum penalty for the offense.
[adjective] – how good or bad something is
The food was of such poor quality.
[preposition] – as stated by
They aren’t getting along at the moment, according to Sarah.
Toxic particles and gases can affect humans in considerably lower amounts than previously thought, which is poor news for anyone who has heart or lung problems. As a result of the adjustments, the UK’s regulation limits for the most dangerous pollutants are now four times higher than the WHO’s maximum levels. The problem is that the most dangerous pollution, microscopic particles that can go into the lungs, is extremely difficult to remove.
Heart disease and stroke have been linked to air pollution. It can harm a child’s lung development and make asthma worse. “Improving air quality can help with climate change mitigation efforts,” according to the WHO, “while decreasing emissions will help with air quality.”
True or False:
- WHO has warned that air pollution is significantly more damaging than previously thought.
- Toxic particles and gases do not affect humans who have heart or lung problems.
- Microscopic particles that can go into the lungs is extremely difficult to remove.
- Heart disease and stroke have been linked to air pollution.
- Improving air quality can help with climate change mitigation efforts.
Fill in the blanks:
- __________ Kim, it’s a great movie.
- The __________ has a large annual budget.
- __________ is better than quantity.
- I tried to __________ him, but he wouldn’t listen.
- The car has a __________ speed of 120 mph.