- What is your favorite video game?
- Who is your favorite video game character?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- appear /uh-PEER/
- team up /TEEM-uhp/
- base on /BEYS-on/
- entertainment /en-ter-TEYN-muhnt/
[verb] – to make something known or tell people about something officially
The principal announced the new school rules and regulations.
[verb] – to start to be seen or to be present
He waited for her for almost two hours, but no one appeared.
[phrasal verb] – to join another person, or form a group with other people, in order to do something together
David and Christine will team up on the poster-making competition.
[phrasal verb] – if you base something on facts or ideas, you use those facts or ideas to develop it
The movie is based on a bestselling book.
[noun] – shows, films, television, or other performances or activities that entertain people, or a performance of this type
The theater offers different kinds of play such as musicals, drama, and concerts.
Major names will voice the movie’s characters, including “Guardians of the Galaxy’s” Chris Pratt as Mario, comedian Charlie Day as Luigi, “Queen’s Gambit’s” Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach, “Mad TV’s” Keegan-Michael Key as Toad, and Jack Black as Bowser. Seth Rogen, Fred Armisen, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Sebastian Maniscalco will also play Donkey Kong, Cranky Kong, Kamek, and Spike, respectively. Meanwhile, Chris Pratt showed his excitement on Instagram, saying “It’s-a meeeee!!!!!” Pratt described this project as “dreams come true,” looking back to his childhood memories of playing the game.
This won’t be the first show to present the Super Mario Brothers. In 1993, a live-action film based on the gaming series was also released. Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo is hoping for “a new piece of entertainment which brings Super Mario Bros to life on the screen and allows everyone to enjoy.”
True or False:
- Sony PlayStation recently announced the upcoming Super Mario animated film.
- Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach are among the major characters of the popular game series.
- Production companies Illumination and Disney Pixar will team up in the said movie.
- Hollywood actor Chris Pratt will voice Mario in the movie.
- The first Super Mario movie was released in 1996.
Fill in the blanks:
|announce||appear||team up||entertainment||base on|
- I love that show! I heard it is ________ a true story.
- The teacher _________ the winner of the class debate.
- Stan Lee _________ on several Marvel movies.
- Cassey and Daniel _________ in building their own business.
- Our family loves to stay in that hotel because of its world-class food and __________.