- Does it snow in your city?
- How do you keep warm during winter?
- heating /HEE-tuhng/
- bill /bill/
- energy /EN-er-jee/
- forecast /FAWR-kast/
- average /AV-er-ij/
[noun] – the system that keeps a building warm
Our heating system is broken.
[noun] – a request for payment of money owed, or the piece of paper on which it is written
I have to save up for my water and electricity bills.
[noun] – the power from something such as electricity or oil that can do work, such as providing light and heat
The students learned about the importance of energy.
[noun] – a statement of what is judged likely to happen in the future, especially in connection with a particular situation, or the expected weather conditions
The weather forecast says we will experience heavy rain later.
[noun] – a standard or level that is considered to be typical or usual
The number of customers is lower than average.
True or False:
- American homeowners who use natural gas for heating will have to pay 30% more in October-March.
- People who use propane will spend $631 more for heating this winter.
- Users of heating oil could expect to pay $1,734 more.
- Chicago does not depend heavily on central heating in winter.
- The prices of meat, chicken, clothing, and furniture have all risen.
Fill in the blanks:
- An ______ of 100 people watches the show every night.
- Tommy enjoys watching the weather ______ on television.
- The _____ comes on at seven in the morning.
- Oh no! I forgot to pay the water ______.
- Our world is facing ______ challenges.