- Are you a hardworking employee?
- Do you like to have 2 jobs at the same time?
- employer /em-PLOI-er/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
- valuable /VAL-yoo-uh-buhl/
- system /SIS-tuhm/
- recent /REE-suhnt /
[noun] – a person or organization that employs people
Many employers believe that practical experience is just as valuable as academic credentials.
[noun] – (the process of getting) knowledge or skill from doing, seeing, or feeling things
Do you have any previous experience working with children?
[adjective] – important, useful, or beneficial
They do valuable services for poor, rural women.
[noun] – a way of doing things
Many people were denied the right to vote under this system.
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Have you been following recent political events?
A second job can provide a safety net of extra cash and experience, both of which are valuable assets in an era of mass layoffs, economic instability, and a chronic disrespect for worker well-being. Some workers choose overemployment to regain control of their lives or to avoid a system that they believe has long abused them.
When a person works two full-time jobs on two different computers at the same time, this is known as overemployment. Overemployment is not a recent occurrence. Isaac, an individual who lives in the US Bay Area, has been working two jobs for years and claims to have made over $600,000. He also said that if you could make the arrangement work legally and logistically, you would benefit greatly.
True or False:
- Many knowledge workers have been working remotely for more than two years.
- An increasing number of employees are taking on second full-time jobs under the table.
- Some workers choose overemployment to regain control of their lives.
- Overemloyment is when a person works two full-time jobs on two different computers at the same time.
- Isiah has been working two jobs for years and claims to have made over $600,000.
Fill in the blanks:
- Is that a __________ photo?
- Spinach is a __________ source of iron.
- For me, Den is the best __________.
- People, in my __________, smile back when you smile at them.
- The legal __________ in the United States and the United Kingdom is very different.