- Do you have a social media account?
- What is the most popular social media application in your country?
- require /ri-KWAHYUHR/
- fine /fahyn/
- publish /PUHB-lish/
- punish /PUHN-ish/
- violation /vahy-uh-LEY-shuhn/
[verb] – to need something or make something necessary
The company requires a uniform.
[noun] – an amount of money that has to be paid as a punishment for not obeying a rule or law
I paid a fine for my traffic offense.
[verb] – to make information available to the public
The book was published in 2012.
[verb] – to impose a penalty for a fault, offense, or violation
The criminal is punished with life imprisonment.
[noun] – an action that breaks or acts against something
Entering this room without permission is a violation of our company rules.
True or False:
- Children below 16 years old in Australia will soon need parental consent to use social media.
- Social media companies will be fined with up to 5 million Australian dollars if they would not follow the rule.
- The draft of the Online Privacy Bill was published on October 20, 2021.
- This law will support Australia’s goal to prevent online misinformation and abuse.
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner will be in full control of the law’s enforcement.
Fill in the blanks:
- The man paid a _______ for littering in the street.
- The school _________ students to join school clubs.
- Those who will not follow the new rule will be ________ with suspension.
- The company committed a _________ of the labor code.
- This news article is ready to ________.