- For you, what is selfishness?
- Do you meditate? Why or why not?
- flexibility /flek-suh-BIL-i-tee/
- meditation /med-i-TEY-shuhn/
- finding /FAHYN-ding/
- belief /bih-LEEF/
- thoroughly /THUR-uh-lee/
[noun] – the ability to change or be changed easily according to the situation
Work flexibility is the company’s advantage over others.
[noun] – the act of giving your attention to only one thing, either as a religious activity or as a way of becoming calm and relaxed
Yoga involves meditation, stretching, and breathing exercises.
[noun] – a piece of information that is discovered during an official examination of a problem, situation, or object
The findings show the benefits of taking online classes.
[noun] – something that you believe
She has lost her belief that the situation would improve.
[adverb] – completely, very much
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
According to his findings, some people stick to their personal beliefs; for example, they could highlight their intelligence or sense of humor when describing themselves. People with dependent viewpoints, on the other hand, rely more on their relationships. They emphasize social roles or family relations, such as the “daughter” or “father” of someone. Poulin further discovered in his meditation test that people’s attitudes strongly influenced the experiment’s outcome. Independent people are more self-centered, but those with dependent points of view were willing to volunteer in charitable actions. “McMindfulness: How Mindfulness Became the New Capitalist Spirituality,” a book by Ronald Pursers published in 2019, examined how ancient medication practices have drifted from the core Buddhist teachings. Mindfulness has turned into a method to practice selfishness rather than awareness.
When we change our mental function, we may have unintentional effects that affect our behavior, especially now that technology is quickly expanding. Any product or service that promises a “quick fix” should be thoroughly checked first. It’s time to be mindful of how we show mindfulness.
- What can mindfulness meditation improve?
- Based on Michael Poulin’s findings, how do dependent people introduce themselves?
- What did Poulin further discover in his meditation test?
- According to Ronald Pursers’ 2019 book, to what has mindfulness turned?
- In the article, what must we do first before using any product or service that promises a “quick fix”?
- How do you describe yourself when asked?
- Please share an incident where you felt selfish for being mindful.
- If given the chance, in what charitable task would you volunteer?
- Do you agree that mindfulness has become a self-glorification mechanism?
- Do you have an interdependent or independent point of view? Please elaborate on your answer.