©Facebook Connect 2021
- How much time do you spend on social media?
- Do you have a Facebook account? If yes, when did you create it? If no, please state the reason why.
- virtual /VUR-choo-uhl/
- term /turm/
- concept /KON-sept/
- continuous /kuhn-TIN-yoo-uhs/
- decade /DEK-eyd/
[adjective] – created by computer technology and appearing to exist but not existing in the physical world
We had a virtual meeting with our president.
[noun] – a word or expression used in relation to a particular subject, often to describe something official or technical
What does that term mean?
[noun] – a principle or idea
Could you help us think of a unique concept for our project?
[adjective] – without a pause or break
His writing improved due to continuous practice.
[noun] – a period of ten years
My parents have been together for two decades now.
The new name came from the sci-fi term “metaverse,” which is used to describe the concept of the Internet’s future. With the company’s continuous growth, Meta will focus on bringing the metaverse to life and helping people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. Zuckerberg said that the company hopes the metaverse will reach billions of people, host hundreds of billions of dollars of digital commerce, and support jobs for millions of creators and developers in the next decade. “Today, we are seen as a social media company, but in our DNA we are a company that builds technology to connect people, and the metaverse is the next frontier just like social networking was when we got started,” Zuckerberg said.
- When was Facebook’s rebranding announced?
- In what virtual reality conference did Mark Zuckerberg announce the name change?
- From what sci-fi term was “Meta” derived?
- What does that sci-fi term mean?
- What are the three goals of this rebranding, according to the article?
- Do you find social media helpful? Why or why not?
- What factors do you consider when downloading a mobile application?
- If you were Mark Zuckerberg, what other innovations would you like to work on?
- Do you like Facebook’s new name?
- Do you think Facebook’s rebranding is necessary? Please explain.