© Claudia Morales/Reuters via CNN news
- Do you like hot weather?
- What do you usually do when the weather is hot?
- ordinarily /awr-dn-AIR-uh-lee/
- advise /ad-VAHYZ/
- recent /REE-suhnt/
- delayed /dih-LEYD/
- likely /LAHYK-lee/
[adverb] – usually
Ordinarily, we go to the cinema every Sunday.
[verb] – to give someone advice
We were advised to stay at home.
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Many families lost their homes due to the recent flood.
[adjective] – happening at a later time than expected or intended
The airlines received many complaints due to the delayed flights.
[adjective] – if something is likely, it will probably happen or is expected
It will likely rain tomorrow.
True or False:
- The UV radiation levels in La Paz have reached 21.
- The World Health Organization considers a UV level of 20 to be “extreme”.
- Luis Blacutt says that the rainy season may last for a long period.
- The UV radiation input is more obvious due to the delayed appearance of clouds.
- UV levels between 11 to 18 are more common.
Fill in the blanks:
- Is this a _______ photo? It looks new.
- The train is _______ to arrive late. I need to inform my boss.
- There were many passengers by the bus stop due to the bus’ _______ arrival.
- The CDs are not _______ sold at this price. They are usually cheaper.
- The doctor _______ her to take a rest. She has not been feeling well since yesterday.