- legendary /LEJ-uhn-der-ee/
- overtake /oh-ver-TEYK/
- jury /JOOR-ee/
- establish /ih-STAB-lish /
- anticipate /an-TIS-uh-peyt /
[adjective ] – very famous and admired or spoken about
I read a book about Odysseus, the legendary Greek hero.
[verb] – to go past something by being a greater amount or degree
Netflix is overtaking Disney in popularity.
[noun] – a group of people chosen to decide the winner of a competition
The discussion of the juries was quite serious.
[verb] – to cause something or someone to be accepted in or familiar with a place, position, etc
My uncle’s company has established itself as a leader in the industry.
[verb] – to imagine or expect that something will happen
Timothy eagerly anticipated her arrival.
The Swedish quartet was formed in 1972 by Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, Agnetha Fältskog, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. They joined the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 and won the international juries over with ‘Waterloo’. Since then, Abba has firmly established themselves as one of the most popular groups in the world. Some of their hits include: Chiquitita, Dancing Queen, I Have a Dream, Fernando, Money, Money, Money, and The Winner Takes It All.
Voyage has received mixed reviews since its release on November 5, 2021. “It’s vintage Abba, on par with their classic 1970s run,” bared Rolling Stone in a four-star review. But The Guardian’s two-star article said it was a “disappointment”. Also returning to the music scene is English pop diva Adele, whose fourth album has been eagerly anticipated by fans.
- When was the last time you discovered a new song? Please share something about it.
- Do you know anyone who is a fan of Abba? If not, would you recommend Abba to a friend? Why?
- If you were a singer, what would you name your debut album? Please explain why you chose this title.
- What do you think are some qualities that aspiring musicians should have to become successful?
- In your opinion, what is the importance of music in today’s society?