- Did you play with Lego bricks when you were a kid?
- What is the most popular toy among children in your country right now?
- facility /fuh-SIL-i-tee /
- increase /in-KREES/
- region /REE-juhn/
- employ /em-PLOI/
- promise /PROM-is/
[noun] – a place, especially including buildings, where a particular activity happens
Our university recently opened a new research facility.
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size:
The restaurant’s customers are increasing.
[noun] – a particular area or part of the world, or any of the large official areas into which a country is divided
The Asia-Pacific region is rich in fruits and seafood.
[verb] – to have someone work or do a job for you and pay them for it
We need to employ three people by next week.
[verb] – to tell someone that you will certainly do something
He promised his boss that he would do better next time.
True or False:
- Lego will build a new production facility in Vietnam.
- The factory will be Lego’s second carbon-neutral facility.
- Lego will employ less than 4,000 workers.
- Carsten Rasmussen is a Chief Operations Officer.
- Lego promised to use environmentally friendly materials by the end of 2030.
Fill in the blanks:
- Students in this school are ______ in number.
- They ____ more than 40 people every year.
- There is a new ______ in our town.
- She ______ to walk the dog this afternoon.
- It does not snow in this ______.