- Why is generating jobs important?
- Where can we use computer chips? Please explain your answer.
- shortage /SHAWR-tij /
- capacity /kuh-PAS-i-tee/
- contribute /kuhn-TRIB-yoot/
- electronics /ih-lek-TRON-iks/
- production /pruh-DUHK-shuhn/
[noun] – a situation in which there is not enough of something
There’s a shortage of food in the refugee camps.
[noun] – the total amount that can be contained or produced
The concert arena has a seating capacity of 50,000.
[verb] – to give something, especially money, in order to provide or achieve something together with other people
My family has contributed $50,000 to the fund.
[noun] – the scientific study of electric current and the technology that uses it
He graduated with a degree in electronics.
[noun] – the process of making or growing goods to be sold
Early next year, the business will begin mass manufacturing its new model.
According to Samsung, the city of Taylor in Texas was chosen for the new factory due to a variety of factors, including its proximity to the company’s current manufacturing location in Austin, the local semiconductor ecosystem, and government support. The Taylor site, which will be adjacent to Samsung’s latest new production line in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, will occupy more than 5 million square meters and is expected to serve as a major hub for the company’s global semiconductor manufacturing capability. President Joe Biden is supporting semiconductor production and research in the United States at the time of Samsung’s announcement.
- What does Samsung aim to build?
- When is it expected to open for business?
- Who is the CEO of Samsung Electronics?
- What were the factors why Samsung chose the city of Taylor in Texas?
- Who is supporting semiconductor production and research in the United States?
- What are some electronic giant companies in your country? Could you tell me more about them?
- How many employees does your company have? What benefits does your company provide its employees? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you had the money, would you invest in Samsung’s plan to develop a $17 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility in Texas? Why?
- Do you agree that with greater manufacturing capacity, Samsung will be able to better serve the needs of its customers?
- What do you think of Samsung’s plan to build a factory in Texas? Please explain your answer.