- Do you celebrate Christmas with your family?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- merry /MER-ee/
- widower /WID-oh-er/
- importance /im-PAWR-tns/
- heartfelt /HAHRT-felt/
- befriend /bih-FREND/
[adjective] – happy or showing enjoyment
A merry smile lit up her face upon hearing the good news.
[noun] – a person whose wife or husband has died and who has not married again
It’s been five painful years since he became a widower.
[noun] – the quality or state of being important
The subject shows the importance of every country’s culture.
[adjective] – strongly felt and sincere
Our heartfelt thanks to those people who helped us finish this project.
[verb] – to be friendly towards someone
She is such a lovely girl. Everyone likes to befriend her.
• Love Actually (2003)
This movie follows the stories of nine people in a holiday setting, including a married man, a guy in one-sided love, a brokenhearted writer, and a prime minister.
• Holiday Rush (2019)
This tells the story of a family headed by a former radio DJ (and recent widower) who lost his job during the holiday season. This heartfelt movie shows the true importance of Christmas.
• Klaus (2019)
This animated Christmas movie retells the story of Santa Claus in a creative and interesting way, following a postman befriending a white-bearded toymaker. It was also one of the chosen movies to win for Best Animated Feature in the Academy Award.
Netflix has almost everything we need for a holiday movie time. Time to grab our cups of hot chocolate and a couple of Christmas cookies! Ho ho ho!
True or False:
- “Love Actually” was released in 2003.
- “Holiday Rush” tells a story of a couple who separated during the war.
- The main lead in “Holiday Rush” is a radio DJ.
- The animated movie “Klaus” is not related to Santa Claus.
- “Klaus” was nominated for Best Picture in the Academy Award.
Fill in the blanks:
- Our ________ sympathy goes out to the victims of the war.
- The joy of the heart makes the face ________.
- My dad tells me to not ________ a stranger.
- The _______ lost his wife to cancer.
- The teacher explained the _________ of doing homework.