©BBC via GETTY IMAGES
- What are some trusted food brands in your country?
- Have you tried different Spam flavors?
- generate /JEN-uh-reyt /
- expand /ik-SPAND/
- range /reynj/
- transform /trans-fawrm/
- key /kee/
[verb] – to cause something to exist
The mayor’s latest project generated 2,000 jobs.
[verb] – to increase in size, number, or importance, or to make something increase in this way
Rin would like to expand her restaurant business in New York.
[noun] – a set of similar things
The boutique offers a range of jewelry from Europe.
[verb] – to change completely the appearance or character of something or someone, especially so that that thing is improved
She transformed her kitchen into a colorful place.
[adjective] – very important and having a lot of influence on other people or things
You should read the key information.
The supply chain challenges did not stop the brand from securing the Planters peanut brand in June, which saw net sales of $11.4 billion, up 19% compared with 2020. Spam has long been a beloved product and in the Asia-Pacific region. In Hawaii, the canned ham is transformed into Spam Musubi– a sushi-like dish. The canned meat also gained popularity in South Korea and is the key ingredient of budae jjigae, or army stew. Moreover, tins of Spam are given as gifts for the Lunar New Year, sometimes presented in special packaging as part of a promotion for the holiday. Spam was created in 1937 by Hormel Foods Corporation. Skippy peanut butter is also one of Hormel’s known brands.
- Who is Hormel’s CEO?
- What is Hormel’s plan for the Spam brand next year?
- Which brand did Hormel secure in June?
- How are Spam products sometimes presented during Lunar New Year?
- When was Spam created?
- When was the last time you ate canned food? How did you prepare it?
- Have you tried any foreign food that you did not like? If not, which foreign food would you like to try?
- If you were to introduce a food product from your city to the U.S., what would it be and why?
- What do you think is the best way to eat Spam?
- In your opinion, why is Spam so popular in Asia?