©CNN via HANDOUT/PA/AP
- Do you enjoy watching spy movies?
- What do you do to improve your problem-solving skills?
- traditionally /truh-DI-shuh-nuh-lee/
- tackle /TAK-uhl/
- complex /kuhm-PLEKS/
- crucial /KROO-shuhl/
- keen /keen/
[adverb] – according to tradition; in a traditional way
The number thirteen is traditionally considered unlucky in some countries.
[verb] – to try to deal with something or someone
Our CEO tackled the main issues of our delivery system.
[adjective] – involving a lot of different but related parts
This puzzle is too complex for me.
[adjective] – extremely important or necessary
Rina has to make a crucial decision.
[adjective] – very interested, eager, or wanting (to do) something very much
I am keen on working in a cafe.
Mr. Fleming explained that he is keen on encouraging more students to take on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) skills and helping develop the next generation of talent. “I want to show young people that thinking differently is a gift, and it is only with a mix of minds that they can solve seemingly impossible problems, just like we do at GCHQ,” he said. The answers to the Christmas puzzle will also be posted on GCHQ’s Instagram account and official website, the agency said. The security organization is based in Cheltenham, a town in Gloucestershire, England.
- What is UK’s biggest spy agency?
- What can schoolchildren expect from GCHQ’s Christmas card?
- What is Mr. Fleming encouraging students to do?
- Where will the answers to the puzzle be posted?
- Where is GCHQ located?
- Have you ever solved a puzzle? If not, what kind of puzzle would you like to solve?
- Would you be interested in trying GCHQ’s puzzle? Why or why not?
- If you were to introduce a game from your country to schoolchildren in the UK, what would it be? Please explain what makes this game interesting.
- Do you think children should pick up the hobby of solving puzzles?
- In your opinion, what are the benefits of solving puzzles?