- Why is DNA important?
- What do you think about gene editing?
- regulation /reg-yuh-LEY-shuhn/
- production /pruh-DUHK-shuhn /
- welfare /WEL-fair/
- commercial /kuh-MUR-shuhl/
- precise /pri-SAHYS/
[noun] – an official rule or the act of controlling something
The bus driver violated the traffic regulation.
[noun] – the process of making or growing goods to be sold
Coke is used in the production of steel.
[noun] – the general state of health or degree of success of a person, business, country, etc.
We are a company that cares about its employees’ welfare.
[adjective] – related to buying and selling things
The company’s commercial future appears to be great.
[adjective] – exact and accurate
I can’t give you a precise date.
Mills added: “Farming is a business, and it is a requirement of breeders of farm animals to tread a line between what they can get out of it and (animal welfare). What we are calling for is for that line to be drawn more clearly.” Gene editing is the process of adding new DNA sequences to a living organism’s genome, removing old ones, or altering them. It’s a more precise and targeted form of genetic engineering than previous versions, and the changes are practically undetectable from natural mutations. In prior types of genetic engineering, randomly inserting a gene from a different organism into another was a regular procedure.
- According to the article, what can scientists do to add specific characteristics, such as disease resistance, to animals?
- What is the UK government examining?
- What could be the result of scrapping the present ban on commercial gene-edited animal production?
- Who is Peter Mills?
- What is said to be a regular procedure?
- Do you support genetic engineering among animals? Why or why not?
- Do you know news related to genetic engineering? Could you please tell me more about it?
- If you could change something about your DNA, what would it be? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you agree to use the technology to change DNA to introduce specific qualities, such as disease resistance?
- In your opinion, should all animals be genetically engineered? Why or why not?