©BBC via GETTY IMAGES
- How often do you eat fruits?
- How do you store leftover vegetables?
- revolution /rev-uh-LOO-shuhn /
- determination /dih-tur-muh-NEY-shuhn/
- put an end /poot-uhn-end/
- outrageous /out-REY-juhs /
- cut back /kuht-bak/
[noun] – a very important change in the way that people do things
The technological revolution has affected our way of life.
[noun] – the ability to continue trying to do something, although it is very difficult
I admire Jessie for his determination to finish the race.
[phrasal verb] – to make something stop happening or existing
The mayor promised to put an end to the crime in the city.
[adjective] – shocking and morally unacceptable
Tony’s behavior was outrageous!
[phrasal verb] – to spend less, do less, or use less of something
You need to cut back on sweets.
France started to ban plastic straws and cups in 2021. As part of President Macron’s environmental efforts, public spaces are also expected to install water fountains to reduce the use of plastic bottles, and fast-food restaurants will have to stop selling plastic toys. A few other European countries have announced similar bans in recent months as they take action towards the goals of the 2021 COP26 conference in Glasgow.
- When did France’s plastic ban come into effect?
- How did President Macron describe the plastic ban?
- What are some fruits that would no longer be wrapped in plastic?
- What are French public spaces expected to do?
- What do fast-food restaurants in France have to stop doing?
- What are some products in your country that are usually sold in plastic wrapping?
- What are some environmental issues in your country? Which is the most serious?
- If you were to suggest an idea on how to put an end to plastic usage in your city, what would it be? Please explain your answer.
- Do you think drinking fountains are good for the environment?
- In your opinion, what would the world be like without plastic?