©Bighit Entertainment via Twitter (@bts_bighit)
- Do you listen to K-pop music?
- Who are some of your favorite foreign music artists?
- foreign /FOR-in/
- earn /urn/
- album /AL-buhm/
- annual /AN-yoo-uhl/
- total /TOHT-l/
[adjective] – belonging or connected to a country that is not your own
Marla can speak five foreign languages: French, Spanish, Chinese, Filipino, and Thai.
[verb] – to receive money as payment for work that you do
He earns 2500 yen a day at his job.
[noun] – a collection of several pieces of music, made available as a single item on a CD, the internet, etc.
Have you heard all of The Beatles’ albums?
[adjective] – happening once every year
The company held its annual forum at the SLX Convention Center.
[noun] – the amount you get when several smaller amounts are added together
The total price of the items I bought was 5000 yen.
True or False:
- BTS is the first international group at Oricon’s top spot.
- The group earned 15 billion yen worth of music sales in Japan last year.
- “Permission to Dance” album led Oricon’s year-end album chart with 992,837 sold copies.
- Long before BTS, Michael Jackson also topped the Oricon charts 37 years ago.
- The members of BTS are RM, Jimin, Jung Kook, and Jin.
Fill in the blanks:
- Mike _______ a huge amount of money selling his vintage comic books.
- Her third and last ________ came out in 1990.
- The ________ number of COVID-19 cases in the country increased by over two million.
- She teaches English to _______ students.
- All employees receive an ________ bonus before the holidays.