- Is your country’s unemployment high or low?
- Are you a supporter of green hydrogen power?
- unemployment /uhn-em-PLOI-muhnt/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- operation /op-uh-REY-shuhn/
- location /loh-KEY-shuhn /
- industry /IN-duh-stree /
[noun] – the number of people who do not have a job that provides money
The level of unemployment is rising.
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
Art books are expensive to produce.
[noun] – an act or process of working, doing something, being in action, or having an effect
Several restaurants are now in operation.
[noun] – a place or position
It is a good location for a new school.
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The fishing industry’s future appears to be bad.
Balhoa expects that the initiative will train and employ locals, or “Buchters,” as they are popularly known, lowering the town’s unemployment rate by 55 percent. Hydrogen molecules will be removed from desalinated water using solar and wind energy. Tsau ||Khaeb National Park will be the site of the project. The corporation estimates that 15,000 direct jobs will be produced during construction and 3,000 more jobs would be created during full operations, with 90 percent of the roles being filled by locals.
Mr. James Mnyupe is Namibia’s government’s presidential economic advisor and hydrogen commissioner. According to him, the country’s location is ideal due to its rich solar and wind resources. “The idea is to turn Namibia into not just a green hydrogen hub, but into a synthetic fuels industry powerhouse,” he says.
True or False:
- Lüderitz is a town in southern Namibia.
- Unemployment is high in Lüderitz.
- Mr. Balhoa is a municipal council member.
- Tsau ||Khaeb National Par will be the site of the project.
- Mr. James Mnyupe is Namibia’s government’s presidential economic advisor and hydrogen commissioner.
Fill in the blanks:
- He got a job in the electric __________.
- There is no simple solution for ___________.
- These plants ___________ thin roots.
- The company started its __________ in June.
- The hotel is in a fantastic __________.