- Do you throw your garbage properly?
- Do you like get money for recycling?
- recycling /ree-SAHY-khling/
- argue /AHR-gyoo /
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
- technology /tek-NOL-uh-jee /
[gerund] – (the study and knowledge of) the practical, especially industrial, use of scientific discoveries
Recycling cuts down on waste.
[verb] – to give the reasons for your opinion, idea, belief, etc.
The senator argued that military spending needed to be decreased.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
The plane reduced speed as it approached the airport.
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
Scientists have discovered out how to detect earthquakes.
[noun] – (the study and knowledge of) the practical, especially industrial, use of scientific discoveries
Isn’t modern technology incredible?
True or False:
- Cash for recycling may be able to assist Wales in meeting its zero waste goals.
- Participants in the project were paid 25 cents for each bottle when they scanned.
- People can scan bottles at home using a smartphone app.
- The study was conducted in collaboration with Conwy Council and the Welsh government.
- The research demonstrated that a nationwide program promoting high-quality recycling might reduce trash.
Fill in the blanks:
- The __________ needs to be improved.
- __________ is important to help protect our environment.
- He __________ the money from an old cabinet.
- My weight __________ when I stop eating sugar.
- The senator __________ for favor against making cuts in military spending.