- Do the prices of basic needs (food, water, etc.) usually increase in your country?
- Do you think low prices are always good?
- paycheck /PEY-chek/
- quarter /KWAWR-ter/
- poll /pohl/
- respondent /ri-SPON-duhnt/
- basic /BEY-sik/
[noun] – the amount of money a person earns
Almost half of my paycheck just goes to my rent.
[noun] – a period of three months considered as one-fourth of a year
The company’s sales rose by 25% in the first quarter of the year.
[noun] – a study in which people are asked for their opinions about a subject or person
The poll shows that Marian will lead in the next student council election.
[noun] – a person who answers a request for information
The poll consists of 1000 respondents from different schools.
[adjective] – most important or central to something
After the typhoon, many families suffer from lack of water and other basic needs.
True or False:
- Americans’ paychecks are continuously increasing, with prices decreasing along with that.
- Salaries of American employees rose by 4% between December 2020 and December 2021.
- Workers from government companies had the highest increase over the same period.
- According to a recent poll, many Americans are worried about their country’s economy.
- The majority of the Americans are satisfied with President Joe Biden’s handling of the country’s economy.
Fill in the blanks:
- The number of jobless Filipinos decreased in the last _______ of 2021.
- The payment for the new uniforms will be deducted from our next ________.
- The _______ suggests that he is the best senatorial candidate of this term’s election.
- The _______ of this survey are graduating students from the University of the Philippines.
- The family is the _______ unit of society.