- What do you enjoy the most in your job/school work?
- Are you still working from home?
- career /kuh-REER/
- consider /kuhn-SID-er/
- ambition /am-BISH-uhn/
- due to /doo to/
- limit /LIM-it/
[noun] – the job or series of jobs that you do during your working life, especially if you continue to get better jobs and earn more money
He’s hoping for a career in the police department.
[verb] – to spend time thinking about a possibility or making a decision
Have you considered what you’ll do if you aren’t hired?
[noun] – a strong wish to achieve something
His long-term ambition is to create his own company.
[prepositional phrase] – because of
He was late due to heavy snow.
[noun] – the amount of something that is enough and not too much
I won’t have any more drinks. I know my limit.
Some workers’ ambitions have changed as a result of the pandemic. Some of the parents had to be stay-at-home moms and dads. On the other hand, many others chose to leave their jobs because of how their employers treated them throughout the pandemic.
Employees are resigning in large part because of how their companies treated them during the pandemic – or did not treat them. Workers eventually chose to work for companies that provided assistance over companies that did not. Workers who were on the verge of resigning due to a terrible working environment before the pandemic were pushed to their limits.
True or False:
- Melissa Villareal’s previous job was a history teacher.
- Mellisa enjoyed being a teacher.
- Some workers’ ambitions have changed as a result of the pandemic.
- Some of the parents had to be stay-at-home moms and dads.
- Employees are resigning in large part because of how their companies treated them during the pandemic.
Fill in the blanks:
- His success was largely __________ his diligence.
- Helen made a successful __________ in the city.
- She paused a moment to _________.
- She has got a lot of _________.
- It is beyond the __________ of my ability.