©Raime Fronstin/NPS/NOAA Fisheries
- Could you feel the effects of climate change?
- Is your country rich in bodies of water?
- danger /DEYN-jer/
- information /in-fer-MEY-shuhn/
- temperature /TEM-per-uh-cher/
- issue /ISH-oo/
- hunt /huhnt/
[noun] – the possibility that something bad will happen
Children’s lives are in danger every time they cross this road.
[noun] – facts about a situation, person, event, etc.
For more information about this promo, visit our website.
[noun] – the measured amount of heat in a place or in the body
The temperature went down to negative 10 degrees Celsius last night.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
She quit her job over a personal issue.
[verb] – to chase and try to catch and kill an animal or bird for food, sport, or profit
November is a good time to hunt deer.
True or False:
- The ice in Alaska is continuously melting, but it does not affect its people’s source of living.
- Ocean temperatures in Chukchi and North Bering are over 5 degrees Celsius above normal based on data.
- Southern and northern beaches are the most affected areas, according to Rick Thoman.
- Algae are bad for the seas but not dangerous to sea animals.
- Scientists warn that situations like this are a sign of a rising global issue.
Fill in the blanks:
- Wolves tend to _______ in packs.
- Thank you for informing us of this _______. We’ll resolve this immediately.
- This book is full of useful _______ about the Philippines’ culture.
- He’s in _______ of losing his job if he continues his bad work habits.
- The _______ in the whole state suddenly dropped to zero.