©GETTY IMAGES via BBC
- What is it like living in your city?
- What is the most popular rental website/app in your country?
- gradual /GRAJ-oo-uhl /
- boost /boost/
- privacy /PRAHY-vuh-see/
- priority /prahy-AWR-i-tee/
- residential /rez-i-DEN-shuhl/
[adjective] – happening or changing slowly over a long period of time or distance
He saw a gradual improvement in his student’s performances last month.
[verb] – to improve or increase something
The summer promotions boosted the sales of the store.
[noun] – someone’s right to keep their personal matters and relationships secret
Laura values her privacy and well-being.
[noun] – something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
Managing the restaurant is one of my priorities.
[adjective] – A residential road, area, etc. has only private houses, not offices and factories
We visited San Francisco’s residential neighborhood
The increase in rent was reported in most major cities including Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, and Manchester, Zoopla said. Many renters who want to buy a home have been distraught by rising house prices, and any pressure on the cost of renting would be disadvantageous for them. According to property listing website Rightmove, home movers’ priorities are changing, with buyers willing to pay more for space and privacy. Additionally, there has been a demand in transfer requests from the city center to out-of-town living. Rightmove also saw a significant increase in inquiries on residential properties and office spaces compared to the pre-pandemic period.
- How much should renters expect to pay according to Zoopla?
- Where did the demand for cities fall during the pandemic lockdowns?
- According to Zoopla, what are the top reasons that boosted the rental market?
- What are two factors home movers are willing to pay for, based on Rightmove?
- What type of inquiries did Rightmove receive that significantly increased?
- Where do you prefer to live, in the city or the countryside? Why?
- Describe the typical apartment in your city.
- If you were living abroad for the first time, how would you manage your daily expenses?
- Should landlords reduce rental fees during a pandemic?
- What are some factors a person should consider before renting an apartment/house? Please explain your answers.