- How often do you encounter exercise/workout videos on the internet?
- What is physical education like in your country?
- control /kuhn-TROHL/
- key /kee/
- pattern /PAT-ern/
- intention /in-TEN-shuhn/
- focus /FOH-kus/
[noun] – the act of controlling something or someone, or the power to do this
He needs better control of the baseball bat.
[adjective] – very important and having a lot of influence on other people or things
A clear plan is a key factor for success.
[noun] – a particular way in which something is done, is organized, or happens
You should follow these writing patterns.
[noun] – something that you want and plan to do
She set her intentions for the day and wrote them on paper.
[noun] – the main or central point of something, especially of attention or interest
Luigi lost the game because he was out of focus.
Test your balance
The best way to start your journey to better balance is to do a one-leg stand test. Stand on the floor and lift one foot, balancing your weight over your remaining standing leg. Try it on both sides. Normally, you should be able to stand on one leg for at least 20 seconds without too much shaking. It is best to do this daily.
Enhance body awareness and control
Before you can do any body-weight exercise, you must first be aware of your body’s position. Doing yoga or tai chi while paying attention to how you shift your weight can do wonders for your body.
Posture affects your body’s ability to center your weight. Having postural control is key to maintaining balance. Practice breathing exercises and avoid sitting for long periods.
The next time you head out, look out for improper walking patterns and try to walk with intention.
These exercise strategies do not require any equipment. All you need is focus and intention.
- How do you do a one-leg stand test?
- What should you be aware of before doing any body-weight exercise?
- What do you need to pay attention to when doing yoga?
- Why is posture important?
- What should you do the next time you head out for a walk?
- Which among these strategies would you like to try? Why?
- When was the last time you went out for a walk?
- If you were to create an exercise plan, what would it be like?
- Do you think moderate exercises are better than high-intensity workouts?
- In your opinion, how much exercise do adults need? Please explain your answer.