- Do you want live in another planet?
- Which planet is suitable for life other than Earth?
- confirm /kuhn-FURM /
- publish /PUHB-lish/
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- exist /ig-ZIST/
- distance /DIS-tuhns/
[verb] – to prove that a belief or an opinion that was previously not completely certain is true
Her announcement confirmed her decision to step down as CEO.
[verb] – to make information available to people, especially in a book, magazine, or newspaper, or to produce and sell a book, magazine, or newspaper
The names of the competition winners will be published in June.
[verb] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
For the gathering, I suggested an Italian restaurant on Fifth Street.
[verb] – to be, or to be real
Poverty still exists in this area.
[noun] – the amount of space between two places
What is the distance between Kyoto and Tokyo?
The findings were published in the Royal Astronomical Society’s monthly notifications. The sighting was unique to astronomers, according to the study’s leader, Prof. Jay Farihi of University College London. Massive stars become black holes when they die, whereas smaller stars, such as our Sun, become white dwarfs, or stars that have burned through all of their nuclear material and lost their outer layers. When they first form, they are the size of a planet and radiate a bluish-white light. The hypothetical planet is 117 light years from Earth and 60 times closer to the star than the Sun.
Although the presence of the planet has not been proven, the movement of 65 Moon-sized objects about the white dwarf’s habitable zone suggests it exists. The distance between the structures remains constant, indicating that they are affected by the gravity of a nearby planet.
True or False:
- In the region of a dying sun, scientists believe there could be a planet capable of hosting life.
- If confirmed, this would be the first time a potentially habitable planet has been discovered circling a “white dwarf” star.
- The sighting was unique to astronomers, according to the study’s leader, Prof. Jay Farihi.
- Massive stars become black holes when they die.
- The hypothetical planet is 117 light years from Earth.
Fill in the blanks:
- What __________ do you have to walk to school?
- Let me __________ my schedule.
- The only daily newspaper in the city did not __________ yesterday because of a strike.
- What do you __________ I order?
- Do you believe fairies __________?