- Do you like to have an electric car?
- Do you know how to drive a car?
- firm /furm/
- demand /dih-MAND/
- lack /lak/
- financial /fi-NAN-shuhl/
- support /suh-PAWRT/
[noun] – a company offering a professional service, for example a company of lawyers
She’s recently started working for a firm of accountants.
[verb] – to ask for something forcefully, in a way that shows that you do not expect to be refused
This year, the union is demanding a 7% pay increase.
[verb] – to not have or not have enough of something that is needed or wanted
We lack enough storage space in this house.
[adjective] – relating to money or how money is managed
She is extremely organized when it comes to her financial affairs.
[verb] – to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed
It is important, in my opinion, to support local companies by purchasing locally.
True or False:
- The conversion of the whole Welsh bus fleet to zero-emission cars by 2035 will demand a national finance program.
- Wales lacks a government-run fund to assist businesses with the costs of green vehicles and infrastructure.
- Newport Transport launched the country’s first electric bus fleet in 2020.
- According to the Welsh government, they will work on a financial strategy that will begin this year.
- The Welsh government will work with the public sector to create a funding scheme to support the transition to electric buses.
Fill in the blanks:
- We offer _________ assistance to students.
- Most employees of the __________ are from the north.
- The people here __________ food and water.
- They __________ a refund on unsatisfactory goods.
- We cheered to __________ our team.