- How do you dispose of your garbage at home?
- Do you support the conversion of garbage to aviation fuel?
- fuel /FYOO-uhl/
- waste /weyst /
- employment /em-PLOI-muhnt/
- design /dih-ZAHYN/
- permanent /PUR-muh-nuhnt/
[noun] – a substance that is used to provide heat or power, usually by being burned
Different types of fuel include wood, coal, oil, and gas.
[noun] – unwanted matter or material of any type, especially what is left after useful substances or parts have been removed
Every year, this city produces 20 million tons of household waste.
[noun] – the fact of someone being paid to work for a company or organization
Have you been looking for employment for a long time?
[noun] – the art of making plans or drawings for something
He is pursuing a degree in design in Paris.
[noun] – lasting for a long time or forever
She is looking for a permanent home.
True or False:
- A facility in Cheshire plans to transform non-recyclable household garbage into sustainable aviation fuel.
- The plan’s goal is to reduce landfill waste and reliance on fossil fuels.
- The facility would produce hundreds of employment.
- The plans are to be completed by the end of this year.
- Hundreds of thousands of tonnes of pre-processed waste will be turned each year into around 100 million liters of low-carbon SAF.
Fill in the blanks:
- The new __________ will eventually replace all existing models.
- He left his home to look for __________.
- They ran out of __________.
- She is looking for a __________ place to stay.
- Oil spills are common, as is the dumping of toxic industrial _________.