- Do you like working remotely?
- Are you friendly to coworkers?
- connect /kuh-NEKT/
- appear /uh-PEER/
- solution /suh-LOO-shuhn /
- rebuild /ree-BILD/
- professional /pruh-FESH-uh-nl/
[verb] – to feel close to someone or have a good relationship with them
She has the ability to connect with individuals from all walks of life.
[verb] – to seem
He probably appears unfriendly to people who don’t know him.
[noun] – the answer to a problem
There is no simple solution to this issue.
[verb] – if you rebuild a system or organization, you develop it so that it works effectively
The party claimed it would rebuild the country’s economy.
[adjective] – relating to work that needs special training or education
Chris, because you’re a nurse, may I get your professional opinion on ankle bandaging?
Employees are increasingly using virtual channels to connect with coworkers who are geographically separated. Many people’s work worlds have shrunk as a result of the lack of a work-related purpose to seek out colleagues who aren’t tied to their roles and workloads – no more “just because” discussions with the woman in IT or the guy in accounting.
Studies reveal that many remote workers feel disconnected from their teams and companies. Slacking or Zooming a coworker you don’t know well for no reason other than work is a difficult topic to address – after all, it may appear strange. Finding solutions to rebuild these post-pandemic work networks, on the other hand, could be critical to long-term professional satisfaction.
True or False:
- Employees’ worlds shrank during the pandemic as a result of remote working.
- Some coworkers now feel as if they are invisible in their coworkers’ daily lives
- Employees are increasingly using virtual channels to connect with coworkers who are geographically separated.
- Studies reveal that a few remote workers feel disconnected from their teams and companies.
- Zooming a coworker you do not know well for no reason other than work is an easy topic to address.
Fill in the blanks:
- To __________ the country’s economy, the president has called for huge investments.
- She __________ to actually like him.
- I don’t know the __________ to make her happy.
- The new employee and I just didn’t _________.
- What __________ qualifications does he have?